WHO WE ARE
Between Jobs Ministry "BJM" is a Christ-Centered job support ministry of NorthWest Bible Church. We meet weekly on Wednesday mornings beginning promptly at 9:00AM and meeting until 12:30PM (except major holidays and during Vacation Bible School in early June). You should be at the church sanctuary by 8:30AM to register if you are a first time attendee (PLEASE Don't be late for the 9AM start!) We are located in Spring, TX in NW Harris County. We offer encouragement, networking and job-search skills training in a Christian setting. The ministry is open to job seekers who attend our Wednesday morning meetings at the church.
To find out more you can go to the NorthWest Bible Church website, www.nwbc.org, "Between Jobs" Ministry section of the website. You can email one of us (email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org) or the church BJM office (email@example.com) if you still have questions after reviewing information at the church website.
FIRST TIME HERE?
We recommend you take the classes in this order
Orientation to the Between Jobs Ministry. After this orientation, you will be added to our groups.io page.
Managing and Planning your job search. Practical Steps for managing your job search and discussion about the BJM resources available to you.
JOB SEARCH WORK TEAMS
Joining a Job Search Work Team (JSWT) can reduce your time to employment. Learn what work teams are all about and how to join a JSWT.
SESSION 2: MARKETING PLAN WORKSHOP
What is a Marketing Plan? It is your road map to finding the position with the company you want to work for. JSWTs are a way to enhance and speed-up your Job Search, while helping other team members in the process. Join us for this fun and informative workshop.
30 SECOND COMMERCIAL AND BRANDING STATEMENT
Create your 30 second commercial and branding statement.
Between Jobs Ministry (BJM) Events
- Wed, Mar 03online zoom callMar 03, 9:00 AM – 9:45 AM CSTonline zoom callThis session covers the general information you should know about Job Search Work Teams, (What they are, Why you should join one, How they Work and How you join one) . Following this class are two workshops that get you more prepared to join you Job Search Work Team.
- Wed, Mar 03online zoom callMar 03, 10:00 AM – 10:45 AM CSTonline zoom callWe recommend you attend the Job Search Work Teams 101 workshop first. In this session we walk you through the steps to create a Marketing Plan. This is your work plan to get your new job. It helps you be realistic about the time it will take, amount of work required and steps to take.
- Wed, Mar 03Online Zoom Call
- Wed, Mar 03online zoom callMar 03, 11:00 AM – 11:45 AM CSTonline zoom callWe recommend you attend Job Search Work Teams 101 and Marketing Plan Workshop first. This session helps you confidently tell others about yourself, the job you want and how they can help you. Whether it's a networking intro or an initial call with a recruiter, you can confidently market yourself.
- Wed, Mar 03online zoom call
- Wed, Mar 03Online Zoom Call
DO YOU HAVE A POSITION TO FILL?
Employers/Recruiters are welcome to post their job opportunities with our BJM group. Please follow the guidelines below.
Address an email to
Put the job title(s) in the subject line of the email.
Include the city/state if the position is not in the Houston area.
Put the position description in the body of the email – DO NOT include any attachments!
Include clear contact information – how you want interested parties to respond.
Your email will be distributed and posted exactly as it is sent – therefore, do not include any information that you do not want to be viewed by the entire BJM group.
Like all emails, the email address from which it is sent will be visible to all recipients
CONTACT BETWEEN JOBS MINISTRY
5503 Fellowship Lane, Spring, TX 77386
SHOP ON AMAZONSMILE
Choose Between Jobs Ministry as your charitable organization
Every time you shop on AmazonSmile, Amazon donates 0.5% of the purchase price of eligible product back to your chosen Charitable Organization!